New Gorillaz, New Beck
Big Blur fan – but found the Gorillaz to be very hit and miss. But when they hit, what a hit.
I found a lot of Beck to be very hit and miss too – although he was utterly fantastic in Futurama.
But this is quite special. From Song Machine Volume One: Strange Timez, which has just gone into no 2 in the UK album charts – the third Gorillaz album to do so.
And good God, that Futurama episode is nearly 20 years old!
Saturday 31 October 2020, 669 views
Next post: Is this burning an eternal flame?
Previous post: On the scoresheet at last
- Awst – Afallon
- Swearing in Welsh
- It’s the little details that count
- The Popes Of Chillitown – Crashmat
- Blur – Modern Life Is Rubbish
- Ceefax – bringing rugger news to Orcney in 1972
- Frogpond – Talk To Me
- Catch – Bingo
- Is this a piece of your brain?
- Worker & Parasite – The Silent Majority
- Wunderhorse – Girl Behind The Glass
- dEUS – Must Have Been New
- Rogue Jones – Triongl Dyfed
- Parrot steals reporter’s earphone live on air
- Whatever happened to …?
- Vero – Heather
- Best of Twitter – September
- Thousand Yard Stare – Espirit du Corps
- Adwaith – Eto (live at Maes B)
- Jesus Jones: master criminals
- Snow Coats – Anyway
- Salad – Plank
- Sink – Drainpipe Jane
- Looks legit
- Iskaa and the Red Cars – Desire
- The cost of electric living
- Okay, this made me laugh
- Beabadoobee – Here’s Where The Story Ends
- The Tudors, Football Manager and 25% for moving a chair
- Three wishes
- Is this burning an eternal flame?
- New Gorillaz, New Beck
- On the scoresheet at last
- The Otford Solar System
- Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
- The Machiguenga Experiment
- The amazing paper drop …
- Barcelona v Getafe
- Greensted church
- My day out at Nene Park
- XFM’s “greatest” 100 songs ever
- The most played songs of the noughties …
- RIP Nick Sanderson
- Sultans of Ping FC – 2006 interview
- The Others – 2005 interview
- Frank and Walters – 1996 interview
- Abdoujaparov – 1999 interview