The Tudors, Football Manager and 25% for moving a chair
My extremely sporty son Alex is in Louisiana taking a degree in sport and exercise science and I’m wondering if I am hallucinating everything right now.
Me: How’s it going?
A: Good, I’ve got 3 As and 2 Bs in my subjects this year.
Me: What are you getting the Bs in?
A: English and History.
Me: Why are you studying history? Is it American history?
A: I don’t know. We’re learning all about the Tudors and 16th century Europe.
Me: What else are you studying that’s nothing to do with science?
A: I’m doing well in theatre studies.
Me: Why are you studying theatre studies? Do you like it?
A: No, I’m just playing Football Manager throughout the lessons.
Me: Are you doing OK?
A: Yes, my current score is 130%.
Me: Do you know what percent means?
A: My teacher keeps giving us bonus points. I got 25% extra for moving a chair when he asked me.
My American friend says he’s at a bird college – so called because you “fly right through it”. No comment …
Sunday 27 March 2022, 24 views
Next post: Beabadoobee – Here’s Where The Story Ends
Previous post: Three wishes
- Catch – Bingo
- Is this a piece of your brain?
- Worker & Parasite – The Silent Majority
- Wunderhorse – Girl Behind The Glass
- dEUS – Must Have Been New
- Rogue Jones – Triongl Dyfed
- Parrot steals reporter’s earphone live on air
- Whatever happened to …?
- Vero – Heather
- Best of Twitter – September
- Thousand Yard Stare – Espirit du Corps
- Adwaith – Eto (live at Maes B)
- Jesus Jones: master criminals
- Snow Coats – Anyway
- Salad – Plank
- Sink – Drainpipe Jane
- Looks legit
- Iskaa and the Red Cars – Desire
- The cost of electric living
- Okay, this made me laugh
- Beabadoobee – Here’s Where The Story Ends
- The Tudors, Football Manager and 25% for moving a chair
- Three wishes
- Is this burning an eternal flame?
- New Gorillaz, New Beck
- On the scoresheet at last
- The Otford Solar System
- Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
- The Machiguenga Experiment
- The amazing paper drop …
- Barcelona v Getafe
- Greensted church
- My day out at Nene Park
- XFM’s “greatest” 100 songs ever
- The most played songs of the noughties …
- RIP Nick Sanderson
- Sultans of Ping FC – 2006 interview
- The Others – 2005 interview
- Frank and Walters – 1996 interview
- Abdoujaparov – 1999 interview
Leave a Reply