Sink – Drainpipe Jane
I used to voraciously consume the music press every week from the late 80s to the mid 2000s, my knowledge backed up by visits to record shops and listening to shows such as Gary Crowley on GLR. So I am amazed I missed this band first time as they would have been right up my street. Literally. I lived in a flat on the A12 in Romford at that time.
Sink were from Ipswich and active between 1988 and 1991. This was a single they released in 1991 and is taken from their album Vega-Tables, which is available on Bandcamp. Singer Ed Wenn (I think Ed was the singer!) is now playing with a new band, Dealing With Damage.
I noticed that the album was recorded and mixed by Richard Hammerton between January 3rd-24th 1991 at Purple Studios, Great Yarmouth. Richard was the lead singer of another great East Anglian band from that time, Stare.
Tuesday 6 September 2022, 2483 views
Next post: Salad – Plank
Previous post: Looks legit
- Catch – Bingo
- Is this a piece of your brain?
- Worker & Parasite – The Silent Majority
- Wunderhorse – Girl Behind The Glass
- dEUS – Must Have Been New
- Rogue Jones – Triongl Dyfed
- Parrot steals reporter’s earphone live on air
- Whatever happened to …?
- Vero – Heather
- Best of Twitter – September
- Thousand Yard Stare – Espirit du Corps
- Adwaith – Eto (live at Maes B)
- Jesus Jones: master criminals
- Snow Coats – Anyway
- Salad – Plank
- Sink – Drainpipe Jane
- Looks legit
- Iskaa and the Red Cars – Desire
- The cost of electric living
- Okay, this made me laugh
- Beabadoobee – Here’s Where The Story Ends
- The Tudors, Football Manager and 25% for moving a chair
- Three wishes
- Is this burning an eternal flame?
- New Gorillaz, New Beck
- On the scoresheet at last
- The Otford Solar System
- Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
- The Machiguenga Experiment
- The amazing paper drop …
- Barcelona v Getafe
- Greensted church
- My day out at Nene Park
- XFM’s “greatest” 100 songs ever
- The most played songs of the noughties …
- RIP Nick Sanderson
- Sultans of Ping FC – 2006 interview
- The Others – 2005 interview
- Frank and Walters – 1996 interview
- Abdoujaparov – 1999 interview
Leave a Reply