Vero – Heather
I have been listening to a lot of female-fronted (not a genre) indie pop lately, but I’m just rediscovering/revisiting Vero’s excellent album Unsoothing Interior, which came out in May.
They’re a band from Stockholm and have nothing to do with the would-be social network of the same name. The discordant nature of some of their songwriting means they have more in common with Elastica than bands like the Sundays or the Darling Buds, but I love all of them so it’s really not a problem.
Just need to find out when they’re going to play a gig in the UK now, as info on their activities is a bit sparse to say the least.
I love the backdrop in the video here; reminds me of going into the shops in Romford in the 80s and 90s. Stacks of televisions all playing something different for some reason!
Monday 3 October 2022, 3480 views
Next post: Whatever happened to …?
Previous post: Best of Twitter – September
- Awst – Afallon
- Swearing in Welsh
- It’s the little details that count
- The Popes Of Chillitown – Crashmat
- Blur – Modern Life Is Rubbish
- Ceefax – bringing rugger news to Orcney in 1972
- Frogpond – Talk To Me
- Catch – Bingo
- Is this a piece of your brain?
- Worker & Parasite – The Silent Majority
- Wunderhorse – Girl Behind The Glass
- dEUS – Must Have Been New
- Rogue Jones – Triongl Dyfed
- Parrot steals reporter’s earphone live on air
- Whatever happened to …?
- Vero – Heather
- Best of Twitter – September
- Thousand Yard Stare – Espirit du Corps
- Adwaith – Eto (live at Maes B)
- Jesus Jones: master criminals
- Snow Coats – Anyway
- Salad – Plank
- Sink – Drainpipe Jane
- Looks legit
- Iskaa and the Red Cars – Desire
- The cost of electric living
- Okay, this made me laugh
- Beabadoobee – Here’s Where The Story Ends
- The Tudors, Football Manager and 25% for moving a chair
- Three wishes
- Is this burning an eternal flame?
- New Gorillaz, New Beck
- On the scoresheet at last
- The Otford Solar System
- Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
- The Machiguenga Experiment
- The amazing paper drop …
- Barcelona v Getafe
- Greensted church
- My day out at Nene Park
- XFM’s “greatest” 100 songs ever
- The most played songs of the noughties …
- RIP Nick Sanderson
- Sultans of Ping FC – 2006 interview
- The Others – 2005 interview
- Frank and Walters – 1996 interview
- Abdoujaparov – 1999 interview