Whatever happened to …?
I was looking at a 2006 incarnation of this blog which had a few links in the sidebar called “other good stuff to read”. Whatever happened to these music blogs? (Links to the dead sites not included).
- Good Weather For Airstrikes – nothing there any more. Just a message saying “Error establishing a database connection”.
- Like Flies On Sherbert – looks like it’s been taken over by an Indonesian scammer.
- No Rock & Roll Fun – this one’s still there! Not very active these days though, just wakes up around Eurovision. The last post was in May 2021 and was about Liz Truss not knowing what she was talking about. How little we knew of what was to come …
- Obscure Sound – this one is still here too and it’s busy! 7 posts yesterday alone. I don’t know any of the artists so I should probably check them out. There’s a staggering stat on the front page too … “Send us your music! Our stats: 69,742 received, 3,181 approved (7.4%)”
- Silence Is A Rhythm Too – still exists, but hasn’t been updated since December 2013.
- Take Your Medicine – since redirected to another blog, Nothing But Green Lights – but should be nothing but red flags as it’s infected with malware.
- The Torture Garden – this was a music blog, honest! But it’s now closed, saying “this blog is open to invited readers only”.
- Unarocks – the blogspot this was hosted on has been taken over by a spammer.
- Whatever’s Left – seems to still be alive, but a scripting error means that it fails to load.
Tuesday 4 October 2022, 3724 views
Next post: Parrot steals reporter’s earphone live on air
Previous post: Vero – Heather
- The Popes Of Chillitown – Crashmat
- Blur – Modern Life Is Rubbish
- Ceefax – bringing rugger news to Orcney in 1972
- Frogpond – Talk To Me
- Catch – Bingo
- Is this a piece of your brain?
- Worker & Parasite – The Silent Majority
- Wunderhorse – Girl Behind The Glass
- dEUS – Must Have Been New
- Rogue Jones – Triongl Dyfed
- Parrot steals reporter’s earphone live on air
- Whatever happened to …?
- Vero – Heather
- Best of Twitter – September
- Thousand Yard Stare – Espirit du Corps
- Adwaith – Eto (live at Maes B)
- Jesus Jones: master criminals
- Snow Coats – Anyway
- Salad – Plank
- Sink – Drainpipe Jane
- Looks legit
- Iskaa and the Red Cars – Desire
- The cost of electric living
- Okay, this made me laugh
- Beabadoobee – Here’s Where The Story Ends
- The Tudors, Football Manager and 25% for moving a chair
- Three wishes
- Is this burning an eternal flame?
- New Gorillaz, New Beck
- On the scoresheet at last
- The Otford Solar System
- Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
- The Machiguenga Experiment
- The amazing paper drop …
- Barcelona v Getafe
- Greensted church
- My day out at Nene Park
- XFM’s “greatest” 100 songs ever
- The most played songs of the noughties …
- RIP Nick Sanderson
- Sultans of Ping FC – 2006 interview
- The Others – 2005 interview
- Frank and Walters – 1996 interview
- Abdoujaparov – 1999 interview
Leave a Reply