Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
What with Spitting Image trending and whatnot today, the show always reminds me of Steve Davis’s puppet formally opening Phoenix FM’s online radio station in June 2001. Steve, who had a show on the station, couldn’t make it – although weirdly, among a small smattering of local dignitaries David Soul from Starsky and Hutch turned up.
The puppet sat in my house for about a month and I originally put it at the head of my dining table. My then-3-year-old son took one look at it and ran out of the room screaming. I had to put it in a cupboard after that.
Wednesday 5 August 2020, 242 views
Next post: The Otford Solar System
Previous post: The Machiguenga Experiment
- Three wishes
- Is this burning an eternal flame?
- New Gorillaz, New Beck
- On the scoresheet at last
- The Otford Solar System
- Steve Davis’s Spitting Image Puppet
- The Machiguenga Experiment
- The amazing paper drop …
- Barcelona v Getafe
- Greensted church
- My day out at Nene Park
- XFM’s “greatest” 100 songs ever
- The most played songs of the noughties …
- RIP Nick Sanderson
- Sultans of Ping FC – 2006 interview
- Frank and Walters – 1996 interview